Something is knocking

To: "mgs@autox" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Something is knocking
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 1999 08:40:30 -0400
Hello all.  I don't have a good feeling about the sound that is
emanating from under the A's bonnet.  I can hear it in the cockpit but
not standing outside the car.  It is a very quiet knock, knock, knock
..... that does disappear or at least becomes less noticable, as the
engine warms up.  Good news, if there is any, appreciated as well ;-)
If it is something serious, I would appreciate some advice on how to
make a definative diagnosis of the problem and how to fix it and what
will need to be done to effect the fix.  Thanks in advance!
*****************
Regards, Eric Stephen
1960 MGA1600 Roadster
NAMGAR# 574
Nepean, Ontario
Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189
Ottawa MG Club:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189/omgc.html

Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
It endureth and is always strong;
It liveth and conquereth for ever more;
The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt marvel.
- The Apocryphal Books of Esdras