Re: Hearsay on '78 B:Long (Was:No Subject)

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hearsay on '78 B:Long (Was:No Subject)
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 10:20:50 -0700
> Hello, list -- I've been looking for a while at various MG's to buy, and have
> found that a '78 B seems like the car in best condition for the money
> ($3000).  I haven't seen a whole lot of people who own '78's on the list.  Is
> there something i need to know about this car, before I decide on it?

I think someone else mentioned the FAQs on or linked from my web site at
http://www.mgb.bc.ca/ you should check those out for sure.

When you're buying a B remember RUST RUST RUST.  It's the #1 enemy.  Have
you looked UNDER the car, poked the sills with a screwdriver, likewise with
the floor pans??

If it checks out, go for it.  I learned a lot by buying Clausager's book
"Original MGB" before I bought mine.  Its not very expensive and can clue
you in on "hacks" that have been made to the car.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375