tubes, was: Re: THE source of all oil problems

To: bachldrs@swva.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: tubes, was: Re: THE source of all oil problems
From: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 23:10:44 -0400 (EDT)
Not to be just a 'me too', but me too! When I first bought my Sprite with
wire wheels, my upper body bulked up as I was constantly pumping the tires
with my bike pump. It's a daily driver and it got to where I was pumping
both ways (office and home). Took it to a quality tire shop (does a lot of
racer work and weekend racer support) and they showed me first-hand the
difference between the el cheapos on the car as bought and quality, correct
ones. No comparison - spend the few extra bucks and don't look back. That
was two years and 15k miles ago. No problems at all.

Jeff

Allen wrote:
>I had a steady stream of filed innertubes on my wire-wheeled Bs until about
>two years ago.  I had been using those "one-size-fits-all" tubes commonly
>available in most tire stores - presuming they were all that's available.
>Well you can get real Brit-made 165-14 tubes - they're about double the
>rubber thickness of the junk in the stores, and they FIT.  No unseen
>wrinles/creases that inevitably  fail - especially on interstates.
>
>' Haven't had a flat since I switched.  ' Guess I better knock on rubber!

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.emory.edu/molvis
"Seeing the Future in a Very Tiny Way"