Re: Wind protection was RE: Visors

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wind protection was RE: Visors
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 20:40:21 -0500
Good find, Eric!
Now I'm wondering how much force is placed on one of these windbreaks. As I
said in my earlier post, I'm not sure that just fastening at the bottom of a
plate of plexiglass would be enough -- the stuff is pretty heavy on it's
own. It may need some sort of vertical bracing, either perpendicular or 45
degrees, would it not? My 73 has headrests, but I'd still hate to concoct
such a contraption only to have it bonk me on the head when I hit the
highway!
Heck...I don't even have a tonneax bar right now, but it would be pretty
slick to be able to bolt on a wind break relatively quickly for a long
Sunday drive and then remove it when you don't want it and use the tonneaux
bar as originally intended!

Dan
73 B