Midget no start

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Midget no start
From: pheysey <pheysey@enol.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 1999 23:27:10 -0700
I have a 78 midget that has been amazingly reliable for nearly a year
now but
has developed a starting problem.  The other day I went to drive to
school and
it started right up, but died after about a mile.  After a few minutes
it started up again and I made it to school.  That afternoon went to
drive home and it wouldn't start.  It would turn over just fine, but
there was no spark.  I followed it back to the coil, put in a new coil,
and it started up and I made it halfway home where it died again. No
spark.  wouldn't restart until I came back 2 hrs later to tow it home,
where it started up just fine and I drove it home.  Tried to start it
today, turns over just fine but no spark.  If anyone can help me out,
that would be great.  (I sold my volkswagon on tuesday so the midget is
currently my only transportation and I need to get it fixed this
weekend.)
Thanks much,
Stephen Pheysey
78 Midget