Re: How to bleed

To: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How to bleed
From: Ray Wygonik <rwygonik@grove.iup.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 13:26:20 -0400
This topic just was discussed a couple of weeks ago.  It requires "bench
bleeding" (on your work bench) the cylinders, though it can be done in the
car.   You have to run a hose from the outlet ports back into the resoivor.
Fill the resovoir with enough fluid to keep the end of the hose submerged.
Work the piston in and out full (but slow) strokes until you stop getting
air out of the hose(s).   Most new or rebuilt units come with some small
plastic fittings and hose to do this.  If you don't have them it is easy to
use and old piece of line to make a short fitting to connect the bleeder
hoses to.