Re: torque settings with a crowsfoot

To: REwald9535@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: torque settings with a crowsfoot
From: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Date: Sun, 07 Jan 1990 13:14:33 -0400
Great information Rick, I have to decide about a crow foot purchase for
torque setting an axle bolt on my 280Z. I do have a doubt though, If I
place a crow foot on my torque wrench at 90 degrees wont the momentum
modify the torque settings? Regarding the point you make of moving a bolt
from rest, this is  similar to what I found with my recently installed
crank. Instructions state that after tightening the crank bolts the crank
should move freely. Mine does but only after I have taken it out of rest
with a wrench. Does this sound normal?

Enrique