MGA-Positve to Negative Ground

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA-Positve to Negative Ground
From: Perry Robinson <PROBINSO@flower-mound.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:18:20 -0500
I'm finally getting fed up with trying to find, and use the proper
electrical parts for my 1961 MGA Mk II.  What is the general concensus:  Is
there a good reason to/or not to/ convert the entire car from a positve
ground to a negative (ie modern) type ground electrical system, and what all
would be involved.

I am contemplating using a modern type alternator instead of the genrator,
halogen lights, electronic ignition conversion, and possibly, a modern type
starter.  I love the car, but want a more reliable (I realize that it IS
British!) daily driver.  I'd like to keep it original, but I have no
intentions of makeing it a trailer queen-at least not yet.

Let me know!

Perry

1961 MGA Mk II
1980 TR8