Re: Maaco info

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Maaco info
From: Jeremy Anthony Kinsey <jer@mia.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 99 12:24:02 -0500
Mikecquinn@aol.com said:

>I painted a few cars in the past (last one was 15 years ago). Although I did
>a good job with no runs or orange peal I had a lot of pin holes in the
>surface so it never had a great shine. I blamed the problem on not having
>the
>correct equipment to do the job properly. I had a cheap sprayer and a
>compressor that didn't have enough cfm. I also painted lacquer which I think
>was a mistake for an amateur. I would like to get feed back from the wise
>group. I don't want to spend a fortune for the job so I was thinking about
>Maaco doing the painting with me doing all of the surface prep and masking.
>Anyone have any comments. I have also been thinking of getting a HVLP spray
>system from TIP.  Since I have 2 cars to paint a MGB and a TR4, I would like
>to get feed back on any other amateur painters to see how or what they did.
>Thanks in advance.
>--Mike Quinn

Personally I would spend the money.. It hurt and I mean really hurt but
we spent over 5grand(actually about 10k worth, but our body/paint man is
a neighbor and a friend.) on body work and paint.  We had a professional
do it....

Do not go to Maaco.  Maaco's philosophy on paint is "just roll the
windows down and spray"  Maaco oughta really love the MG and TR4 as all
they have to do is take the top down and just spray... Spend the money,
it's really worth it.  We have been working on our 74.5 MGB for over 5
years now and we have never even driven it, as a matter of fact, I have
never driven an MG.  When we got her back from being painted I literally
cried.  It was so damn beautiful you could see my tears in the reflection
of the paint.  God what a dream.. Well worth every penny.

Regards,
Jeremy Anthony Kinsey
Systems Admin

Mia.Net                                Maria's Internet Access
                                            www.mia.net
                                           www.dslone.com
Bella Mia, Inc.
N6015 Lyons Road                        e-mail: jer@mia.net
Burlington, WI. 53105          Phone: (414)763-5420  Fax: (414)763-5421
USA                                    Pager:  (414)515-1388
    Full Service Dial-In Internet Access DSL and Colocation Services