'78 MGB Purchase

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '78 MGB Purchase
From: PBcrispie@aol.com
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:16:43 EDT
Hi, list, i've made a few posts before, but i just bought my first MG, and
car for that matter.  (sorry if this turns into a beautiful spring drive
post)  I took a little time off school today, leaving at lunch with a friend
to go pick it up and get it registered.  The registration didn't work out
perfectly, but i left with the car anyway, dispite needing new plates.  I
spent about 2 1/2 hours driving around the countryside northwest of
philadelphia.  It was wonderful.  It's a much different experience than the
plymouth neons and nissan maxima i'm used to driving.  I noticed a little
slapping noise, and when i opened the trunk it seemed to be coming from
either the 3rd or 4th cylinder....maybe in a few weeks i'll have my first
repair to do.

Anyway, I have a quick question for you all:  I've gotten the impression that
a Haynes manual is the best thing to have to help in repairs.  Is this
impression correct?  also, where can i get one?  i checked pep boys and they
didn't have any manuals for LBC's.....

4 hours of driving and im already in love.....

Mason Apostol
1978 MGB