Problem with new Floor Jack

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Problem with new Floor Jack
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 01:15:46 EDT
Against the advice of the list, I purchased one of those Chinese floor jacks.
It's a 3 ton model that was on sale at Sears. It's very hefty and does a
great job of lifting, but it has one problem. It has just one speed going
down, FAST! No matter how slightly I open the valve it goes down whoosh. I'm
really not interested in how high my TD will bounce. Has anybody had this
problem? Would thicker hydraulic fluid help? The instructions are rather
brief. Could there be an adjustment for this?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336