Re: More Shaking Cars

To: Jason Dutt <jason@markerman.com>
Subject: Re: More Shaking Cars
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 14:28:41 -0700
Word on the street is that Jason Dutt said:
> So, with all that said, here's what's up.  At about 60-65 MPH, and
> intermittent shake will appear, usually in the steering wheel.  This shake
> will get worse as I accelerate, up to 75-80 MPH.  Past 80 MPH, the shake all
> but disappears, but I'm guessing it's just because the harmonics are just so
> fast that I can't distinguish them anymore.  Here's the weird part:  The
> shake will move from the front to the rear of the car, then back again.  In
> other words, it's not always in the front, or always in the back.  It
> migrates.  Sometimes, it doesn't shake at all.

After my front suspension rebuild, the only shake I can notice is the
same as you describe, an oscillating shake that seems to go from the
front to the back of the car.  I believe it may be the UJs in the
propellor shaft.  I will be replacing them soon, and rebuilding the
rear suspension, watch my web site;  when I find the cause I'll make
a note of it.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375