The process of elimination.

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The process of elimination.
From: "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 13:30:41 -0400
Thanks for the abundant feedback on my shaking car.  It is much appreciated.

Taking all the info I recieved, as well as the practicality and ease of
doing the various checks, into consideration, I'm going to follow the
following process of elimination:

1)  Check wheels and tires for balance and true, first by rotating them and
checking for changes in the symptoms, then by having them checked at a
quality tire sales store.

2)  Check the drive shaft for unbalance, mialignment, or bending.  I know a
great collision shop here in town.  The owner's a pal of mine and will
probably check all these things the RIGHT way at no charge.  While he's at
it, I'm going to have him check the unibody for any problems.  The car has
been wrecked, and probably should be checked professionally before any more
work is done.

3)  If none of this proves fruitful (which would truly surprise me), it's
off to checking the newly installed suspension for problems.

>From what you all have told me, it's got to be in one of these three places.

Thanks a bunch, gang!

=J=