Instruments, metal dash

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Instruments, metal dash
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:32:26 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings list!

I have pulled the old dash out of the GT and am about to disassemble and
clean up the instruments before installing them in my (BEAUTIFUL) refinished
dash.  I have a few questions for whoever it was (Skye?) that reported
improved lighting by painting the inside of the guages.  What type of finish
did you use? How much of the interior did you paint?

Another question:  What is the original finish on the demister vens on the
dash top? Clausager says nothing and the photos don't really show.  I
suspect black crinkle paint, correct?

Anyone interested in 2" round black face Smiths "TEMP" and mechanical "OIL
PRESSURE" gauges?  I've got one of each, both work and, I'm sure, will clean
up well.

Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849
Surrey, BC, Canada