Re: Needles

To: MAVJON <MAVJON@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Needles
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 00:19:08 -0400
MAVJON wrote:
> how do you set the needles on a zenith-stromjunk carburator? what fits
> the needle? allen, screwdriver, I cant tell and I have adjusted till I
> am blue in the face and its still rich. Helllllllp!

  There is a special but simple tool to adjust them. It's
essentially an allen key, but it has a special ring on
it to hold the mechanism in place.

  Using a normal allen key is risky, since the diaphragm
can be twisted and torn.

  The usual places have the tool for about $10.

  If your carb is rich beyond help, have a look
at other things. The diaphragm may be torn, or
the choke may be stuck, etc.

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca