Oil Change

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Change
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 10:08:53 -0400
I know this was discussed a while back, but I fianlly got around to
changing the oil in the Midget on Sunday (it was eiter that or play golf
and since I need to drive the Midget - it won).
I put Castrol 5-50 Syntec in. The oil pressure seems to be fine, or even
a little higher than before.
I was a dedicated Valvoline user (20W-50) cuz it always gave me a better
oil pressure than the Castrol.
The only Valvoline synthetic I could find was 10W-30 and with summer
coming on I felt that wasn't enough, esp since the Midget runs a little
hotter than before with the electric fan instead of the water pump fan.

I'll give a road report after the Philly MG vs TR Rally on the 25th.

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up