Spark Plug Guru needed. <G>

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spark Plug Guru needed. <G>
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 00:52:53 +1000
Hi all,

Can someone recommend a book or a site where there's technical info on Spark
Plugs? I know *NOTHING* about spark plugs. <G> Apart from the fact you gap
'em, screw 'em in a cyl. head and stick a cable on 'em - and hopefully the
right cable at that. ;) <G>

For instance, I know there are Colder running plugs and Hotter running plugs
but how do you choose one if your motor falls outside the std specs - ie
outside of whats recommended in the Workshop manuals? Esp. in a High perf.
application.. I hear people run different plugs in different cylinders
because some cylinders run hotter (I presume 3&4). Also presume colder plugs
in hotter running cars = higher compression motors?!

Please help - I need Guru guidance to start the long journey to Spark
Enlightenment. <G>

Ciao,
Neil.