1970 B for sale

To: mgs@autox.team.net, autojumble@autox.team.net
Subject: 1970 B for sale
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 13:22:20 -0400
  With a fair bit of reluctance, my 1970 MGB
is up for sale. I'd rather sell to an enthusiast,
so I'm posting it here first.

  It's actually a nice car, but I am having a parking
lot crisis. The girlfriend prefers the Midget and
we also have a Magnette, so that leaves the B without
a parking spot.

  Many pictures at: http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/mgb/

  Good stuff:

  The car has new paint (less than a year), freshened
engine, all kinds of minor fixes, runs great, sounds
great, dependable, etc. Good driver.

  Bad stuff:

  Some typical minor points, the drivers seat
is worn, the top is not in very good shape although
it could be used in a pinch, etc. It's not a show car
but plenty nice and it gets smiles and waves when
you drive it.

  Fun stuff:

  The car currently has brooklands windscreens on
it, which are a lot of fun. They are not the most
practical devices though, so I kept all the glass
and could put the car back to stock in a day. I
would also put the stock glass on for the buyer if they
preferred.

  This would be a perfect car for somebody who
wants a B and wants to do little jobs like
fixing the top and seats, but doesn't want to
do any big jobs like engine work or welding. I
have finished all the big work and was going to
do the little things as I drove it, but time
ran out for me.

  I am looking for $4000 CDN ono, which is about
$2700 US. Talk to me.

 I am located in Ottawa, Canada, which is about
an hour north of northern New York State (Ogdensburg,
Massena).