Re: MGA still won't Turn Over

To: Jason Dutt <jason@markerman.com>
Subject: Re: MGA still won't Turn Over
From: Tim Nagy <nagy@duq.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 18:09:18 -0700
This brings to mind a question re: my 72 B.  I took the starter off,
removed the solenoid, opened the starter up, and wow, it is sort of
covered inside with a greasy dust, if you can picture it.  I won't
mention the status  of the exterior.

Now that it's open, what can I use to clean it.  Can I just "toss" it
into a parts cleaner and let a non-solvant based degreaser (ie "Simple
Green") flow over and therew it for a while?  Or, do I need some kinda
of special cleaner for electrical parts.

My father-in-law (Texan) says, "Back in the mills, we'd get old motors
clean by running them and tossing carbon tetrachloride right into then.
Made them cleaner than a ....", well those days are for gone, and the
EPA/DER sort of frowns of these things.

Thanks!

Tim