80 MGB - Vent to Windshield Sealing Rubbers

To: mgs@autox.team.net, members@batans.ns.ca
Subject: 80 MGB - Vent to Windshield Sealing Rubbers
From: prsmith@navnet.net
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 07:57:59 -0300
G'day All!!

The Sealing Rubbers that attach to the windshield frame verticles to
provide a seal with the vent have an interior metal reinforcing plate
which is screwed to the frame.   For the life of me I can not figure out
how to install the new rubbers and reinforcement strip without having to
cut the rubbers.  How does one go about replacing these things?

Thanks

Preston

--
Our 62 MGA 1600 MK II and 80 MGB LE are waiting for warm weather
Betti Ann and Preston Smith in the Head of St Margaret's Bay, Nova Scotia,