Transmission Color

To: Enrique Claure <spaninc@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Transmission Color
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:49:43 -0700
Enrique:

        To be completely correct the transmission must be bolted to the
engine.  The engine is then painted the correct color: Early - Maroon, Late
(18V)- Black.  The transmission will then have the correct amount of
overspray.  In many cases whoever painted the late 70's motors got carried
away and did paint the entire gearbox black.  I have seen too many cases of
low mileage square t/o arm gearboxes, being completely black to say
otherwise.  Yes, I am contradicting "Clausager".  (heresy).

Kelvin.