RE: 78 B bodywork, etc...

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 78 B bodywork, etc...
From: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 14:33:32 -0700
Nevin asked:
....has anyone replaced the bottom six inches of the driver's side front
quarter panel (wing) using the replacement panel available from Moss? If
so, any tips (OK, instructions) on removing the old bottom six with minimal
damage? How to clean up inside in order to delay the return of rust? What's
with this rubber seal around the wheelwell? Is that supposed to keep
moisture out, or trap it inside?..=). I have a dremel and a drill, but not
much else in the way of power tools. Also, on how to affix the new panel
properly for welding? (I will be having a friend do the actual welding, but
would like to have it "ready to weld" for him). My bodywork experience is
limited to "pop-rivet backing plate and bondo" but I would like to do this
right.

Hope you don't mind, your question and answer on the metalwork section of
your question has been posted in the FAQ section (Newest question at the top
of the related section.)

Please feel free to ask more questions and I will do my best to answer them
as quickly as possible.

If you have friends or associates who you think might benefit from this site
please feel free to pass along the URL.

Restoringly Yours,
Bryce Mack
Classic Auto Restoration Services