Re: lotsa 'lectrical questions

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: lotsa 'lectrical questions
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 15:16:57 -0700
[snip]
>And since the brake lights (stop lamps) still don't work, I'm trying to
>find the stop lamp switch and can't...can someone tell me where it is
>physically located on the car?

On a '66 it's a pressure switch in the brake line, under the bonnet,
right wing, which is not where I'd expect it, either.

>And my battery which I just took off the charger was already dying by the
>end of the day's work, so I got a new one (with a handle! very nice to have
>in this car). I'm wondering, since most people don't lock convertibles, has
>anyone had trouble with battery theft? Any good preventive measures other
>than keeping a doberman or a bee's nest behind the seats?

The most effective preventive measure is the fact that no one has any
idea where the battery is! Who would think of peeling up the carpet on
the rear shelf? Besides another LBC fanatic, and we know they would never
stoop to thievery...

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149