Switches can bleed!

To: Stuart Keen <simbafish@home.com>
Subject: Switches can bleed!
From: Hans Duinhoven <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 14:01:34 +0200
Hi MG guys & dolls!

When filling the brake system of my '71 BGT I found, that a switch really
can bleed.
Hydraulic fluid came out of the differential pressure warning switch of the
dual brake system. A repair kit under partnumber 181-985 is listed in the
Moss catalogue.

According to my local part supplier a repair kit may solve the problem, but
he was not sure it would be succesful. (The only things which might be
needed are two O-rings on the piston which functions as an actuator for the
switch and the actual switch I think).

Is there anyone who has had the same experience and what was the solution?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT bleeding where it should not....