Am I crazy?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Am I crazy?
From: MMich99551@aol.com
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 09:49:46 EDT
I'll try this again.  I posted earlier that I was considering buying an MGB,
but it didn't post for some reason.  In my original post I was asking if I
was nuts for wanting a MG (my wife thinks I am).  I am not a mechanic by any
stretch of the imagination, but am hoping to learn.  I am somewhat beyond
this decision as I have stumbled upon an original owner '75 MGB.  I would
like your opinions on two things:
        1.  He mentioned in our conversation that 75 was the worst year for
MGB's, do you think this to be true?  Are there a lot of problems after the
transition for all the USA requirements?
        2.  He put a Webber Carb. on it a few years ago.  Ever since the car
blows plugs every 300 or so miles.  Any thoughts?  Unfortunately, it has not
been driven much.

The car has 65,000 miles on it.  The body has NO rust, it is in the middle of
a rebuild (interior), but has the interior kit and all the parts to put it
back together.  All this for $1,000.00.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Mark Michael
Tallahassee, FL
Soon to be Jefferson City, TN