brake disk problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: brake disk problem
From: glen <glen@espressocom.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 21:44:14 -0500
howdy all,
after a long tow from my old home in new mexico(yes, i disconnected the
driveshaft) to my new home way up north in the land of ludafisk (not
sure what that is, dont think i wanna find out) i have begun to get my
midgit in shape for the road. one problem i have is the one that plagued
me before a few years back before i put it in storage. i rebuilt the
suspension up front (this is a 66 midgit with wire wheels) and
everything was good except the brake disks had an annoying way of
rubbing against the outboard side of the slot in the brake caliper. i've
got one of the hubs off now and i'm wondering if maybe the wheel
bearings were pressed in backwards? as i am looking down in the hub
where the axle nut goes, i can see the word thrust on the bearing race.
is this correct? is there anything else anyone can think of that would
cause the disk to seat too far outboard? wrong bearings maybe?

glen christian
66 midgit