Re: flanges are different???

To: <wizardz@maxinter.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: flanges are different???
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 18:33:55 -0700
The manifolds differ only in the thickness of the flange where the manifold
attaches to the head. Off-hand, I can't remember what years which
thicknesses were used on - and, frankly, it doesn't really matter. So long
as the intake manifold has the same thickness flange, all will be well and
no leaks should be encountered. It's always a good idea to place a straight
edge along the head side of the manifold flanges, however, as heat can warp
them. If they are not flat, then they should be made so on a belt sander.
This is particularly true of the Z-S combined manifolds, where the heat from
the cat plays havoc with the metal.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center