Re: '77 MGB with Carb Problems - HELP

To: "Rich Peterson" <kerry3@earthlink.net>, "MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '77 MGB with Carb Problems - HELP
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 22:28:57 -0700
Rich..........

All the symptoms suggest excessive richness. Either the choke is not coming
off quickly enough (fault of either the way manual control is attached - or
the manual controller's technique), or a blocked passage in the carb. At the
bottom of the venturi, when you look in from the front, there is a very
small hole. If this gets plugged, the carb will run too rich. See if you can
pass a thin wire all the way down it.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center