Re: B steering wheel needed

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: B steering wheel needed
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 23:08:32 +1000
Lonn,

> >I would like to put a smaller wheel in the BGT.  The original is so big
> >that it hardly leaves any leg room.  My wife is a small person but it

You want to try driving an MGA when you're 6ft 3"!! I have about an inch or
so either side of my knee between the gearlever and the steering wheel! I'm
glad I'm pretty slim, coz if I wasn't I couldn't imagine I'd be able to
drive the car and keep the standard wheel! Anyone else have this problem? :)

Motolita makes some nice wheels. They are pretty expensive though. I saved
up for one and fitted it to my  BGT yonks ago. Nice.. They don't flex at
all, and because of this you start to notice little deficiencies in your
steering column...!! <G> At least in mine, the first of the 'safety'
columns.

Cheers,
Neil.