Saga of the Invalid Trip Permit

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Saga of the Invalid Trip Permit
From: grhacker@wfl.fha.dot.gov (Gary R Hacker)
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 06:31:10 -0700
Just to let all of you  who were concerned, when I warned the list about
trip permits, I went to court last Friday, plead guilty and paid $150.00
fine.  The bright side of the deal was that when I was stopped by the
state trooper, he mentioned some discrepancy about the title to my car.
I didn't think too much about it at the time as I was more concerned
with the ticket I received.  However, after court, I checked in at the
DVM and they told me there was a problem, asked for my ID, verified I
was the owner and straighten everything out.  The lady also asked if I
wanted to purchase new tags?  Being somewhat puzzled, I said yes and she
promptly sold them to me.  Now everything is fine and when the year 2000
arrives my 75 B will forevermore be exempt.

Thanks to all of you for your kind suggestions and sympathy concerning
my situation.

Bob Hacker
1975 MGB (Red)
Vancouver, Washington