Re: Parts in the UK--instrument lights?

To: murch@y-city.net
Subject: Re: Parts in the UK--instrument lights?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 10:17:45 EDT
  Perhaps you have the answer to the dim dash-light problem.
  In the US, the #50, 7.5 v bulb is wonderfully bright.  I doesn't last
long, even with the rheostat turned down to the usual barely-legible
illumination level.
  The #52 bulb, 14.4 v   is pretty darn dim.
  The #1449, 14.0 v is much brighter than the #52, but can be hard to
find. (I found some at CT Electric Equipment, an electrical warehouse,
800-545-0332). They light up the instruments enough so that they can be
read easily in a dark car, but will be difficult to read when a Sport Ute
is tailgaiting.
  If there is a better bulb available in the UK  (could a lister in the
UK research this before his trip?)   might you be able to get some and
bring them home to the cheers and thanks of  MGB drivers throughout the
USA?
Bob