TD Gear Box

To: mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: TD Gear Box
From: Ronald Olds <tr6@pipeline.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 1999 21:54:36 -0500
Thanks to all who responded to my question on tightening then rear nut on
the gear box. I pulled the flange off when I got home and found that it did
catch the rear felt seal so the flange was not bottomed out all the way.

I found an easy and fool proof way to solve this problem. I removed the
rear housing and fit the drive shaft flange in the housing  first. This way
I could see that I had it properly installed inside the seal. I then slid
the housing into place with the flange still in the housing. I lined up the
splines and then slid the assembly home. Simple and easy!

Thanks again,

Ron Olds