Rust repair books?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust repair books?
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 17:34:07 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all,

I knew I would find more eventually; I planned on replacing just the bottom
sections of the front quarter panels (wings), but while grinding today
along the right rear quarter panel, there seemed to be no relief once the
paint was off...what had looked like a couple of bubbles in the paint
turned into my pulling out a 3x6 inch piece of sheet metal with my bare
hands, leaving a gaping hole. The rust is pretty localized, but through
both layers of the panel. I tried to wish it into the cornfield but it
wouldn't go away.

It looks harder to replace the bottom section of the rear panel than the
front panel, and I'll be checking relevant web-sites, but I also think it
might be time to buy a book that covers this sort of thing. Does Porter's
book go there? Any other suggested reading for this? Thanks.

Nevin