RE: Buying a "B"

To: Matt Pringle <pringlmm@mcmaster.ca>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Buying a "B"
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 16:31:46 -0600
Matt, Mkris (who ever that is), responded to your question well.  What
he/she did wrong was not going to an LBC mechanic *first*.  As I recall
Mkris went to a mechanic to have the car "pre-purchase inspected".  Later,
only after the undetected problems cropped up he/she went to a recommended
LBC mechanic.

Find your local MG club, attend a meeting, find a recommended LBC mechanic,
look at a half dozen cars.  Have the LBC mechanic look at the car you think
you want to purchase, and listen to the mechanic.

Chances are someone at the club, or the mechanic will have a purchase
suggestion for you.

Good luck.

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA
1970 MGB Daily Driver ~ 1967 MGB Vintage Racer ~ 1969 MGB Undergoing V8
conversion
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/