Weber DCOE Jet question

To: MG Mail list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Weber DCOE Jet question
From: Joe Short <buster_balz@operamail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 13:37:57 -0400
I have a second hand 45 DCOE on my '75 MGB. I have been
trying to find the best jetting for it but am getting more
and more confused. I have several different books on Weber carbs
and the Burgess book on tuning the 'B series engine. But they all
differ when it comes to jetting these carbs for the MGB. The thing
that has me most confused is the relationship between the air corrector
and the main jet. In some book the air corrector in numerically larger
than the main jet for example, the air corrector may be listed as a 180
and the main jet as a 160. Other books are exactly the opposite.
Anyone with any experience know which is correct ?