Re: Geat Drive (Long)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Geat Drive (Long)
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 21:40:39 +0000
Neil wrote:

> Now there is two ways to go down the coast , The highway and one of
> the best driving roads in the country, The Great Ocean Road, (Eric
> will agree with me there, I'm sure).

<sigh>

I NEED to go back and do it again!!!!!  The edge had been taken off my
drive there because of the oil consumption troubles I had with the 'B -
but having the "edge" taken off still meant that it was a FANTASTIC
drive.  I can't think of any better in all of Australia.

This is a hint for any of you who might be going to visit our fine
shores.... make sure that a drive down/up/along the full extent of The
Great Ocean Road is firmly on your itinerary.

My wish is to do the drive in a 'perfect' MGA... but the 'B would be
fine enough for me again.

As I said, I*NEED* to do that drive again - maybe once a year until I
get sick of it!!!  Sick of it... sure... likely, eh, Neil!

I was also a bit disappointed that I didn't have enough time to explore
inland a bit more... into rainforest and waterfalls and other wonderful
terrain.

<sigh>

Eric
'68MGB MkII

PS.. Neil, the cut&paste was a killer for the formatting :-)