Paint Help!!!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Paint Help!!!
From: Mikecquinn@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 10:36:39 EDT
I posted a question a few weeks ago for which paint is the easiest to use.
The general feeling is to use lacquer. Now that is almost time to buy the
paint I find my question was a mute point. I can't buy lacquer!!! So now my
question is since I know my car was painted with lacquer can I paint enamel
over it? And what kind of enamel do you suggest ?, considering I am an
amateur painter. I went out and bought a great air compressor and I am still
looking for a paint gun. Any suggestions on what kind of gun to buy. I found
one at sears for about $160, I think its made by devilblis and says it is for
auto painting but I don't think its was a HVLP gun. The only HVLP guns I
found were in excess of $250. I thought I read before that they weren't that
expensive. Help!!!
--Mike Quinn
74 MGB CB
67 TR4A-IRS