Re: Oh this @#* distributor cap clip again

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Hans Duinhoven" <H.Duinhoven@simac.nl>
Subject: Re: Oh this @#* distributor cap clip again
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 20:48:50 -0500
Hans:
Here's what I've done:
Get underneath with a spare jackstand and hold the startermotor up
momentarily as you lift jack up to the same height where the jack is holding
the motor up near where the UPPER bolt hole comes near the hole in the bell
housing. Balance the motor on the stand so it won't tip, using the bell
housing that it will be bolted into to hold it in place, then go "top side"
and slip the bolt through. The jack stand will serve as an extra set of
hands and bear the weight of the motor. This will also give you time and
muscle to make sure the dizzy cap clip is where it should be. Once you've
gotten that top bolt through, the weight of the motor will be on it, and not
you.
Hope this helps.

Dan
73 B