Re: Carlisle - Car Raffle, etc.

To: <miker15@juno.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carlisle - Car Raffle, etc.
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 12:40:59 -0400
I was trying to keep it a secret!! There were a few complications. I
can't beleive a Fiero Kit car is worth $24,000!!! If it is I won't give
it to my kid like I planned. Just have to wait and see. (I'd still rather
drive the Midget).

 Which, BTW I mounted the chrome wires on yesterday. Do they look
sharp!!. And what a difference it makes the drive the car with straight
wheels!! Only major problem - I really need to paint the Midget now!

Now, having lived in Wyoming in my earlier years, till I was 26 (notice
no year mentioned, no age guesses!!). I have to say that I was part of a
startup Wyoming Sports Car Club. Not enough interest to make it all one
marque so we had a Mini, a Spit, a TR-6, a Pontiac Firebird Conv, a pair
of Merc Capris, and I don't recall what all else. About 20 cars total. I
suspect that it is currently defunct, but you never know.

I'll head back home wit ya Mike to start an MG club there.

Larry
>Larry M scored a fine set of chrome wires for his midget - and when i saw
>Gary, the guy he bought them from that evening it was obviously the
>biggest sale of HIS show..... But not the high point of Mr Macys
>show......
>I cant believe he hasnt mentioned it yet but the dumb-ugly-SOB won the
>bloody car in the raffle!!! The programme said it was worth 24 grand!!
>c'mon Larry - fess up - how are you gonna look in an ersatz ferrari!!
>hehe
>There has been a couple of mentions of Cheyenne  Wyoming in reference to
>the weekend - suffice it to say that if a certain V8 driver ever wins a
>prize it will be for chat-up lines like "you have beautiful eyes..... and
>you know how to use them" (oh God..... it  took a while to eradicate that
>one! - fortunately David and I were up to the task!!) there is NO MG club
>in Wyoming - anyone want to help me start one?? hehe
>For those of you who havnt been to Carlisle - try and make it next year -
>it really is worth the effort!!
>
>mike robson
>69 roadster (about one more weekend from being show ready!)
>70 BGT (clutch challenged)
>53 Riley (didnt see a single riley part at carlisle!!)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.