You'd think I'd learn!

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: You'd think I'd learn!
From: "Dennis Berman" <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 14:27:58 -0500
Sorry for the clutter...

Driving home last night, she started to "chug" and sputter, then she
stalled.

I was pretty worried, because I take great care of her, know every little
quark, and can often predict and identify most issues.

This time I wasn't too sure.

I waited a minute, then after someone honked at me, she started
and sputtered along. She stalled again just outside of my driveway.

My teenage son and I managed to push her up into the garage and
immediately began diagnosing her illness.

I did notice (but didn't pay any attention to) a rather loud clicking
sound coming from the fuel pump. Okay, now you know exactly
what's wrong. I did too, but was too tired (after a 10 hour day) to
put the pieces together.

My son said, "Hey Dad, didn't this happen before... the last time
you ran out of gas?" Shit! He's right. I few gallons later, all was joy.

The moral?  CHECK that gas gauge every once in a while!
I'll stick a postit to me forehead,

Thanks for listening.

Regards,

Dennis Berman