Whats going on with my clutch?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Whats going on with my clutch?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 01:11:11 EDT
I got a bug in my bonnet today and decided to flush out the old brake and
clutch fluid from my 71 B. Although the brakes and clutch were working fine,
the fluids had never been changed in the four years I've owned the car and
who knows before that. The brake bleeding went smoothly and the old fluid did
look filthy. When I started bleeding the clutch, fluid came out but the
reservoir level did not come down. Fluid finally stopped coming out of the
bleeder nipple and there was absolutely no clutch action. The slave plunger
was not moving at all, and there was no resistance in the clutch pedal. My
helper pumped and pumped the pedal and finally there was some clutch action,
also I noticed that the reservoir level finally went down a bit. Now my
clutch pedal is on the low side and spongy. I am afraid to try more bleeding
because that's what got me into this mess. Any advice on what to do next? Any
chance the air will work it's way out as I drive it?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336