Re: Top problems 77B..sigh

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Tom McLaughlin" <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Top problems 77B..sigh
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 18:40:18 -0500
It sounds like your top frame has been tweaked and bent significantly at
some time in it's life. It wouldn't take much for a bad person to pound on
it or something heavy (like a tree limb) to fall on it for this to happen.
1) I would look for a used frame from a junker. It's easy enough to
sandblast or sand it down and make it like new.
2) The brackets SHOULD line up easily.
3) Nope, I don't have one, but if there ARE MGBs out there in junkyards,
etc, that have fully functional frames (maybe some rust, see #1) If you live
somewhere where there are no Bs (I doubt it) I can at least recommend
British Motor Cars Ltd. in Madisonville, KY -- phone: (502) 825-2994,
821-7050, 821-6351. They have TONS of LBC parts of all kinds, will ship UPS,
and their prices are reasonable. I found a rare perfect (no tweaks at the
prop point) used trunklid there for $85!
Dan
73 B