starter problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: starter problems
From: Will Cordle <wcordle@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:11:38 -0700 (PDT)
Been lurking on the list for a long time, and have learned quite a bit through
your experiences.
Well now I am having an experience of my own.

After some starter fault diagnosis via the Haynes manual, it appeared as if the
solenoid was shot.
 I replaced the solenoid this afternoon.  When I reconnect the battery, it
sounds as if the
starter begins to turn over very slowly.

Removing the solenoid from the starter (to disconnect it from the starter STA
connection) and
reconnecting the battery, I get no voltage reading from the STA side of the
solenoid to ground.
This would lead me to believe the solenoid is OK, but then again I am beginning
to think that I
don't have a clue.

Also - is it correct for the starter STA connection to be grounded?

Will
78MGB