CV boots, 77B

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: CV boots, 77B
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 12:34:58 -0700 (PDT)
All,
While I was under the car this weekend dealing with the brakes, I
noticed that one of my CV boots is slit.  I say slit, not cracked
because it looks like it was slit with a knife.  Anyway, there is no
grease in there.  Is there a temporary fix to this as I am dealing with
other things right now (brakes)?  I had a Mazda that had aftermarket
boots that you could put on without removing the outer axel pieces.  I
did not put these on, but they worked for the 5 years that I had the
car and did not leak.  Right now is great driving weather and I don't
really want to have the car incapacitated for a few weeks while I read,
learn, try, ask the list, read, learn, try, ask the list.....Not that
it's not fun, I just want to drive right now.

Any suggestions or should I just do it right the first time.  Hopefully
the above makes sense.  This is another project I have not undertaken
so I'm not sure if I have all of the terminology correct.

Regards,
Tom
77B (brakes getting better.......CV boot slit :(, but running great)

BTW, the 77B is making the drive to work more days than my 1996 300ZX
lately.  Perhaps it will be a daily driver in the near future.