RE: Top (Hood) ideas, please

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: RE: Top (Hood) ideas, please
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 16:33:26 -0700
Bud:

        It sounds like your top may have shrunk.  The late tops with the
glued on rear bow can be a pain.  On the earlier cars the rear bow was not
attached to the top.  The top could be put up, then the rear bow folded down
to tension the top.  The amount of force you are dealing with sounds
excessive tho'.  I'm guessing, but a shrunk top, or one installed too tight
would give the symptoms you describe.  All of the tops on the market have
enough material to be installed with "give".  If you are in a cold area, the
fabric tops are easier to deal with when cold.
        Another suggestion that I have had to do when working with cold tops
is to not snap all the lift a dots down.  Although this looks tacky, it is
easier to get the front latches on if the top is too tight.

good luck

Kelvin.