OT Trivia was Re: Boot lock

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT Trivia was Re: Boot lock
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 12:39:05 -0500
Well, hey...NO military trucks have built in locks! Ignition or otherwise!
(at least not US ones). Every HMMWV (aka "Humvee" and the "Jeeps" before
them) comes with a bikelock cable thing that you wrap around the steering
wheel and secure with a big "series200" lock - same with the bigger
vehicles. You can still start it and drive it in a straight line (to get
away from a raging fire, for example). An M1A1 tank is secured by locking
the one hatch that comes from the factory with a hasp and all others lock
latch on the inside. Next time you have a military display in your town
check 'em out and you'll see what I mean.
Just a little military trivia.
Dan
73 B