RE: 80 Limited Edition value

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: RE: 80 Limited Edition value
From: Nferre@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 19:45:47 EDT
Eric:

Just to give you an idea.....I found a similar car here in Florida
recently....could have bought it for $4500.

Two things....keep in mind the rubber bumper cars are slow and handle
poorly...I speak from experience....not prejudice.....I axed the single ZS
carb went to dual SU's with a header and lowered mine to chrome bumper height
with new springs, and added telescopic shocks all around.  A highly
recommended modification.

Also...I think the Limited Editions were beautiful....if not very limited.
According to Original MG, there were 6682 LE models made for the US market.
I wouldn't pay much extra for it, unless you think it's worth it to have an
LE.

Nels Ferré
79 MGB (not LE)