Re:OT-Email volume (was 58 MGA coupe for sale)

To: Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re:OT-Email volume (was 58 MGA coupe for sale)
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 1999 06:47:49 EDT
On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 11:25:47 EDT Ajhsys@aol.com writes:

>I got 93 e-mail messages today.  No wonder I have so much trouble
>getting my
>work done!
>
>TIA,
>
>Allen Hefner

I decided to actually count the number of emails i read today since the
volume at work has been escalating steadily over the last few months
I got 63 from you guys (that was the bit i enjoyed) and wait for
it........
712 - yes seven hundred and twelve! at work - now that doesnt include the
100 or so faxes i got or the 25 inmarsat messages from ships at sea or
the constant changes of three commodities screens.... all in the pusuit
of "renting boats".....
These days 90% of my work revolves around reading these things
simultaneously being on the telephone with whomsoever sent them and
running computer calculations as to what they mean......
Sort of illustrates why an evening polishing an air filter is so
refreshing....

mike robson
freight trader, physicals, futures and derivatives
and thank god for.....
69 roadster
70 BGT
53 Riley