RE: Oh No Not Again

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Oh No Not Again
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:56:16 -0500
Jason said "I can't imagine how people stay alive on motorcycles".

I had a motorcycle period in the 70's when I didn't have the money or room
for an LBC. Gave them up. Just not an LBC.

Surprisingly enough motorists don't see motorcycles. Two big causes of
accidents are car doors being thrown open as you pass, and being run into
when you make a left turn. For a while there was a movement to a safety
feature that blinked the headlight at an attention getting rate. Haven't
noticed that lately. One of the reasons I gave up was that the instructor (I
took a safety course), said not to ask IF another rider had an accident, but
WHEN. Statistically she (a 62 year old grandmother) often said you are going
to be in an accident so wear the proper clothing and boots.

Jack