Spit, spit sputter, sputter 78b

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit, spit sputter, sputter 78b
From: PAINTRIX@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 07:31:34 EDT
I have racked up more miles in the last month than all of last year with my
78b, (fully smogged) and have noticed a bit of a sputter as I start off in
gear and the clutch has been released.  At idle and while giving gas it is
fine but once the clutch grabs it spits, once going it it revs fine till a
strain is on the engine.  All linkage appears to be working freely and all
vacuum lines appear in order.  What am I missing?  Where else should I look?
What else should I do?
Any help would be appreciated.

Steve Petrosky
Cinti, Ohio